The HELLRAISER Part IV

Shoulders to Cry On

Apropo, the title above should explain (or confuse) much of how this build has been coming along. Contrary to this post, as those who are familiar with me at Facebook, I'm actually farther ahead in the build, and I'm just a bit preoccupied with the project itself (as well as work, among other things), that I have not been able to catch up on writing the actual current work-in-progress. So if you'd like to see how far ahead I actually am, just click HERE or HERE for the up-to-date and complete WIP photos (you'll also notice that those are arranged based on the dates they are shot whereas my WIP posts are arranged in story mode, with some of the photos left out).

Anyways, I've decided to scrap the shoulder armor except the connective part of the frame, including the ball and swivel joint that the entire shoulder armor connects to. First, I modified the shoulder connective part so I can easily encapsulate it with shaped 1.0mm WHIPS. This became the mounting base for the shoulder armor's entire structure. I've layered WHIPS, overlapping the edges for a more solid connection. This will also give me enough material to shave off when rounding the edges. I initially made the entire thing solid, then cut the top part off to make way for the shoulder "blades."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image


Blades On

These I actually made before I made the actual shoulders, just because they're so goshdarned devlishly KEWL and I couldn't wait to make them. I initially planned to make just one (for casting), but it was so easy I did both in just over an hour (of course, like always it actually took me longer just to figure out how to do it, and actually waiting for the cement to set solidly enough so I can continue working on them). To achieve the curve, I simply placed (cemented) a brace in the middle of two shaped WHIPS and cemented one section, worked on its twin while waiting for the cement to set well enough, them cemented the other section. I used double clips to hold curing parts in place in most cases. I then worked on the top section of the blades in a similar fashion, using the MG as a guide for placing connective slots.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image


Next: Raising Arms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demystifying Bosny Spray Cans

MatX's Guide to LED mods

An Objective Review of the Dragon Momoko Tallgeese II