Redesigning the redesign (or, more likely, refining the old one). Sometimes, simple is the best option. In this build, I tried to employ the simplest modification or build as I possibly can. In my previous update, I was able to make the base/arm of the wing as simple as I can, but, the more I worked on it and thought about it, the more stability problems can occur, especially since I was going to rely on a simple dual bar mechanism to hold a wing assembly more than 10 times its own weight. "
So another radical rethink was in order. This time, I looked back at my original wing base design and assessed where it failed.
all those articulation points being held up by a flimsy design, it was
bound to fail, although it looked impressive at the time. Even though I
was avoiding this, I wasn't prepared to sacrifice stability for
simplicity. In this redesign, I've reconfigured the 4WD gears and the
aluminum extenders to an optimum placement and positioning. I've used
the same configuration (as I have for the old design) for the spine of
the wing, as such, when one wing is turned in on direction, so will the
other in the reverse direction, and these two hold each other in their
relative angled positions with the wing's full weight (I haven't tried
mounting both wings yet as I am still working on the other wing, but it
does hold the weight of one wing so far). Instead of using plaplates as
frame, I used a fiberglass bumper reinforcement to hold the gears in
position, and mounted this on the O's backpack frame. This redesign
removed the need for counter gears (flesh colored flat gears in the
I've sandwiched 4 pieces of shaped WHIPS, bored
a hole to snugly fit the gear's shaft, and superglued it into place,
doing the same thing for the other side in reverse. The angled cut
allows for a nice rotation range for the wing.
the wing arm, I used those nifty 4WD aluminum extensions in a yin-yang
configuration and placed gears/countergears at each end. One end
attaches to the wing base, the other to the lower part of the secondary
wing, making the design similar to an actual bird wing (as compared to
the forced-wing design of the Wing Zero Custom). This allows the
maximum rotation angle for either end. I've also customized hinges
using 5mm beams as the the hinge shaft and 6mm hollow square beams as
the hinge receptacle, encasing the latter in a square configuration to
hold it in place (the hollow square beams are made with a different type
of plastic and does not melt with cement). This gives the wing two
articulation points on the Y-axis; one at the wing base, and the other
at the lower wing.
Rather, I had these sent to my school since I was on an off-site training. Bosny Philippines has once again graciously sent me free...
With the intent of going full AB, dropping if not minimizing my use of Bosny spray cans, I got an Airbrush + compressor set from a friend ...
Before anything else here are a couple of useful links regarding LEDs http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm http://www.free-ci...
Note: If you want to comment, identify yourself, with a LINK to your email when you comment, instead of posting as anonymous. I do not all...