A quick update:
As I previously assessed, overall weight is an
issue when it comes to connecting the base of the wing to the back pack.
Still, of all the mechanisms I imagined and tested (I even tested the
swivel/hinge units of the extra sword arms underneath the front skirts),
nothing could hold the combined weight of the wings. I began thinking
of crazy mechanisms again, until the simplest solution became obvious.
single pivot connection won't cut it, unless I use screws and nuts
again, which I am avoiding because this is the very same thing that
caused my problems with my previous wing designs. I also use a dual
pivot system before with the Angelus, but it also failed because of
inherent flaws in the design itself.
So, what if, I used a dual pivot system which has parallel connections?
mechanism is so simple, with nothing more but a pair of sandwiched
polycaps that are interconnected by two beams of equal length, working
on the principle of a dynamic parallelogram to create angular motion.
simplicity wins. Despite the weight of the wings, the simple mechanism
holds it up. I will still need to reinforce this, disguising that as
detail later on.
(much) later. I have a couple of projects coming in, so I won't be
able to work on this monstrosity for a couple of days or so.
Rather, I had these sent to my school since I was on an off-site training. Bosny Philippines has once again graciously sent me free...
With the intent of going full AB, dropping if not minimizing my use of Bosny spray cans, I got an Airbrush + compressor set from a friend ...
Before anything else here are a couple of useful links regarding LEDs http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm http://www.free-ci...
Note: If you want to comment, identify yourself, with a LINK to your email when you comment, instead of posting as anonymous. I do not all...