Sunday, May 15, 2011

MG Turn X Gundam ver MatX WIP Part V

It's been more than two weeks since my last update, and I haven't really had much Gunpla time. I've managed to finish the Chest just these past couple of days or so, and was able to fix a few design problems. Specifically, I had to reinforce the connective parts with small pieces of HIPS, owing to the fact that the connection is just a surface join.

Posted Image

The fix, though without it is not an issue with my prototype, creates a solid connection between the slider and the chest's base frame, closing any gaps that would be problematic during molding.

Posted Image Posted Image

I've cut several pieces of HIPS for the chest armor.

Posted Image Posted Image

I've made the lower and upper chest armor parts as single units.

Posted Image

In connecting the lower chest armor part to the chest's base frame, I employed a tongue connection scheme. The lower armor is cemented to the tongue and reinforced similarly like the base chest frame.

Posted Image Posted Image

The upper armor piece is connected to the base frame with two peg connections, while the two side armor pieces are connected via a combined tongue and peg connections.

Posted Image

I've also carved "damage" markings on the uncovered "X" section of the base frame, inspired by the 2008 Turn X featured in October 2008 issue ofHobby Japan. In the lore, this is damage caused by the Turn A's beam saber, which, the Turn X's nanomachines couldn't "heal."

Posted Image

Test fit.

Posted Image  As of this post, I've fixed symmetry issues that have occured as I connected the armor parts to their pegs.
More later.


No comments:

The Newbie Stash

Source This is a collection of specific guides for reference in Gunpla Building and Modeling in General.  • Gunpla™ and Modeling Terminolog...