Monday, January 31, 2011

The X Walker

 








Here's my contribution to the Concept Mecha Group Build. I'll be making a biped walker type mech/droid inspired by non other than this beast:

Posted Image

I won't actually be copying ED-209, but rather make something similar in terms of form and function. Since the GB called for using scrap materials, I opted to go for parts from my ever growing scrap pile of surplus kit parts. Rummaging through that pile, I found these:

Posted Image

Adding a little bit of plaplates and beams, I turned those parts into these:

Posted Image

When assembled, looks like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know what rzero1 has done are statues, and that was what I was actually planning to do, but, the engineer in me couldn't help but make it a functioning mecha with moving parts and poseable.

That's it for now...


----


Edit: So as not to be too narcissistic, I've simplified the name to "The X Walker."

No comments:

The Newbie Stash

Source This is a collection of specific guides for reference in Gunpla Building and Modeling in General.  • Gunpla™ and Modeling Terminolog...