Angelus Rising Part V: Wing Mechanism Improvements
A swiveling Move. Even the original Impaler Wings had a progressive spread (one wing "feather" over or under the next one) which is in nature how a bird's wings spread out. The lighter v2 Wings is an over/under design where the middle section is actually the dominant one, which is just okay, but, being me, I couldn't resist the urge to make the wings progressive regardless.
I have had the idea for more than a week, but, I didn't want to needlessly do the modification and damage an already working v2 prototype since I've already wasted time and material on previous ones ), so I let the idea percolate and "ripen" in my mind.
The solution was fairly simple: I just needed to cut a section from the middle wing near the base of the gear box, and used that as padding for the inner wing. I then cut the inner wing just midway the cut section, and cemented that to the padding. I cut extra pieces of plaplates to "mend" the now shorter inner wing to make it flush on itself and to lock the middle wing as well on the other side when the wings are spread.
I then bore holes appropriately on the outer and middle wings and added a swivel limiter on each of the the triads so that they won't spread as much when opened. You can see the cut section on the middle wing, and how the modified inner wing "locks" the middle wing when spread out. This hopefully will prevent the inner wing from bending down when the wings are spread.
That's it for now...