I haven't been able to touch Gunpla, literally, for two weeks since I got "swamped" with work and had a 3-day on-site seminar that left me a bit drained, even I has a little time to do work on Gunpla. I felt sleepy all the time and sometimes fall asleep in the middle of typing something (I often joke I could do things in my sleep).
took that two-week break to reality, I did manage to do a very simply
modification to one of the Marasai's "open hand" manipulators. I find
strange that Bandai included a set of manipulators jointed at two places
where the only real pose you can do with it is open-hand. I would
have been satisfied if they included a pair of solid open-hand
manipulators, a pair of closed-fist, and the usual v2.0 manipulators
like what is included with the Zaku/Sinanju. I really don't find any
logic in this.
More so, it was how the thumb digit was
positioned that left me at awe. It's positioned pointing down and
into the palm, with no provision to move it outward for a more dramatic
So, I modified it to enable it to do an outward pose, but
keep the inward pose as well. Even though this is a simple mod, it is
nonetheless a delicate one. I CAREFULLY added a hole on the side of the
thumb area and carved through the existing hole. I reinforced and
thickened the area with 0.3mm plaplate to keep the ball of the thumb
digit snugly into place regardless of its position.
I also modified and customized the head, but I'll post that much later.
I resumed the build yesterday, I did so with uneasy hands, especially
since I as cutting and bending small parts. I left off the Harbon up to
the frame extensions, so it was time to "rebuild" the armor to
accommodate the extensions.
First off, the arms. I decided to
build the armor extension of the upper arm as a separate unit instead of
attaching it directly to the existing armor in order to avoid having to
contend with the shape of the base of armor as well as adding detail in
the process. I made a 3mm sandwich, aligned and shaped to the cross
section of the upper arm.
This served as the foundation for the shaped 0.5mm WHIPS that wraps around it to form the additional armor.
Then I simply added 1.0mm WHIPS to the lower arm extension, just enough to fit the wrist armor and align it when attached.
used a similar approach with the thigh extension, but this time, I
mounted it directly onto the armor since it has a more even shape and
has a larger area. I then reinforced the top section with another piece
of 0.5mm. This will help the the modification keep its form when it
I used 0.5mm for this since it's easier to bend, and
since it's less springy than 1.0mm, I could work faster on having it
hold on to the base armor. I used magic tape (I couldn't find my
regular masking tape) to hold the shape as it cured for 30 minutes, just
so I can quickly do test fits and make adjustments. After 24 hours, it
should be fully cured and "solid" as.
Test fit. I'll still be adding detail to this, but that will be done when I add full details overall.
even simple modifications like these will take me days to do, so I can
safely say I am becoming a bit faster these days. I estimate I only
have around 2 weeks, give or take a few days to finish this build. I'll
try to finish the armor detailing and Wings in a week, and paint the
week after that. I have another class this weekend, so that will surely
eat up two whole days. So I'll probably work on the groundwork for the
diorama during that time.
Rather, I had these sent to my school since I was on an off-site training. Bosny Philippines has once again graciously sent me free...
With the intent of going full AB, dropping if not minimizing my use of Bosny spray cans, I got an Airbrush + compressor set from a friend ...
Before anything else here are a couple of useful links regarding LEDs http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm http://www.free-ci...
Note: If you want to comment, identify yourself, with a LINK to your email when you comment, instead of posting as anonymous. I do not all...