Shin/Ankle extension. As I looked at the test fit (see previous post), I felt that the lower shin was a tad "pudgy" especially with the armor attached. So I decided to add another 2cm. The cut was fairly simple, but, like the rest of the O's joints and parts, the leeway for attaching modifications is a bit limited, especially since ABS and PS plastics are rather incompatible when it comes to bonding the two together even with my homemade cement. The upper portion was easy to reinforce, but,
of the the ball joints gave way a few times, mainly because I was too
impatient to wait for the modification to fully cure before test fitting
it. After adding beam reinforcement and waiting 48 hours, the ball
joint was finally sturdy enough to be inserted into it's polycap
Wrist Joint. For such a huge kit, everything in it seems too small for
any easy modifications. What's more, this joint also comes in two
pieces, making the modification more difficult since the cut and
extension mods should be precise. This type of ABS plastic also need a
fair amount of cement saturation to "melt" with the PS so it comes off
when I let it cure without enough applied pressure to weld the joins
Rear Skirt Adapter. With the exception of the Wave ball joints, this
one is scratchbuilt with 1.0mm HIPS and plaplates. I added grooves on
the top part so it locks into place.
Head. To accommodate the new head, I added detail to the neck. The
trickiest part of this modification is cutting the "diamond-shaped" side
detail as cleanly as I can since I'm going to use those as Vfin-like
enhancements. This took a few hours to accomplish, using a combination
of needlepoint, blunt and sharp knives, and finally a microsaw.
then cut the "cheeks" and attached each to shaped 1.0mm white HIPS (I
started testing the samples I procured which I plan to sell later on,
I'm quite happy with the material), and wrapped it around the base of
the head. I added another layer of plastic flush to the modified
cheeks. This modification increased the heads lateral diameter
significantly, making it look rather empty when the face is mounted. So
I added shaped 1.0mm white PS to add detail, at the same time, these
served as slots for the enhancements made from the side detail. I then
shaved off excess material at the back of the head to give it a better
This is the "face" of BATHALA.
Rather, I had these sent to my school since I was on an off-site training. Bosny Philippines has once again graciously sent me free...
With the intent of going full AB, dropping if not minimizing my use of Bosny spray cans, I got an Airbrush + compressor set from a friend ...
Before anything else here are a couple of useful links regarding LEDs http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm http://www.free-ci...
Note: If you want to comment, identify yourself, with a LINK to your email when you comment, instead of posting as anonymous. I do not all...